Welcome to SIndHI

Please come in and leave some insight on what you would like to see happen for a Seniors facility here in our beautiful town.

Friday, September 2, 2011

My Grant has finished...

but the work goes on.  We met together on the 31st to review the proposal.  The committee was GREAT!!!  They loved what we had put together, and they had wonderful comments to add.  Now that we have discussed the proposal in length.  I can take our discussion and make the changes to strengthen the application.  We want to present our cause in the best possible light.  I have been working on these changes and hope to have them ready by the end of next week.

I am off this week to take my daughter to Montreal to obtain her French work visa.  She is going to France to work as a teachers aid in Clairmont-Ferrand for seven months.  She has to apply in person at the French Consulate in Montreal so we are making a family vacation out of it.  I am so excited.  With her being away at University for four years, a summer in Kazakhstan, then this summer teaching VBS all over the Maritimes, and now this trip to France, we have not seen much of her.  It will be great getting to know her all over again.

Watch for more progress on the Senior's Housing project, I plan to keep this site updated even though the grant has come to an end.  I plan to work with SIndHI on a volunteer basis along with the rest of the committee.  This is an important project for Shelburne.  Our seniors deserve this!